Version History of Wordpress 3.8.1
- Switch Twitter oEmbed to SSL due to a Twitter API change that broke embedding across all WordPress sites. , #26844.
- Fix category handling in pre_get_posts when pretty permalinks are in use; fix handling of taxonomy queries in get_queried_object(). , #26627, #26634.
- Avoid a fatal error in wp_reset_postdata() if $wp_query global is not set. (Also affected 3.7.) , #26775.
Themes screen fixes and improvements:
- Keyboard navigation friendliness. , #26527.
- Better information for screen readers. , #26602; , #26599.
- Various IE8 adjustments and fixes. , #26541.
- During a search, be sure to also compare the theme’s slug. , #26730.
- Installer: Make sure the “Layout” group title is translated. , #26777.
- Fix CSS clashes on the Network Themes page. , #26513, #26517.
- Fix incorrect -mox prefixes in CSS. , #26702.
Fixes for the new dashboard design:
- Fix the “dead zone” on submit buttons, so they actually click. , #26700, Chrome bug.
- Prevent the admin color scheme from previewing when editing another user. , #26607.
- Update the styles for the media modal when used on the frontend. , #26677.
- Add a contrasting border to admin feature pointers. , #26689.
- Update Dashicons to latest. (The Updates icon now points in the right direction.) , #26518.
- OCD alignment updates on the Updates screen. , #26699.
Responsive admin fixes:
- Prevent widget controls from going off the screen when editing extra-wide widgets on small devices. , #26701.
- When moderating comments, make sure the comment author is always visible. , #26618.
- Responsive improvements to submenus in the toolbar. , #26720.
- Improve keyboard accessibility for the admin menu when in responsive mode. , #26639.
- Prevent the toolbar from wrapping to a second line on narrow screen (multisite only). , #26537.
The new dashboard widgets:
- Quick Draft widget: Don’t ignore default comment status and ping status. , #26722.
- At a Glance widget: Don’t link to Pages or Posts for Authors or Contributors (respectively). , #26574.
- Quick Draft widget: Break long words in Quick Draft content to prevent overflow. , #26658.
- Media: Fix directory permissions for new media upload directories. , #26781.
- RTL: Force LTR direction for code inputs. , #26666.
- RTL: Make sure half-stars in star ratings are filled on the correct side. , #26814.